Does Debbie

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

7th Floor Pranks

In honor of my alma mater winning the Big East title, and as a request from my sorority sister Tits (just kidding, that's not her name, although many non-Greeks think that we give each other queer names like that. Mine was Lips for the record.) I thought I would share a moment from my tenure at 'Cuse.

We are taught a lesson early in life that many do not learn until it's too late. "When someone teases you, if you let them bother you, they will only continue to tease you." I learned that lesson, finally, my sophomore year at college.

You see, my male friends down the hall thought it was fun to throw things out our dorm room windows. Being on the 7th floor, and having the entrance to the dorm directly below the windows, I must admit that I saw the humor in that one as well. Found laundry was a popular choice. However, one day I arrived back at the dorm to see something 6 feet long and a few feet wide being tossed out the window. It was white and padded. No, it was not a giant maxi pad. This was my mattress. You see, my neighbors thought it would be hysterical for my bed to fly seven stories out the window. Did I think this was funny? Of course not. Did I get very upset and show my anger? Of course. Did my neighbors plan another prank? You betcha.

This time, the joke was on me, literally. Walking back to the dorm a few weeks later, I heard my male neighbors call my name and wave to me from the good 'ole seventh floor windows. Being the pleasant collegiate I was, I waved back. Within seconds, a bucketful of water was tossed out the window, on me. This time, rather than get angry, I tried something new. I laughed. And laughed and laughed. And never had another prank pulled on me again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home