Does Debbie

Thursday, April 21, 2005

For Whom Do I Wear?

I was recently out for dinner with one of my guy friends, and I showed him my latest purchase (a fantastic silver Balenciaga bag that I bought on eBay for under $200. Kudos to me!) While he was able to feign interest, we began to discuss the excitement men get over women's handbags (or shall I say, lack of) and for whom do women hope to impress with them.

This, of course, led to a debate over handbags, shoes, and clothing. Actually, it was more of a light-shedding discussion. Just why do women spend hundreds of dollars on designer handbags? Men surely won't find them sexy. And why do women take pleasure in purchasing the most comfortable pair of Uggs, flats, or even those $2 Chinese slippers. Again, men surely won't find them sexy. And I am not saying that women should buy things for anyone but themselves. But admit it, women do dress to impress. The question is, who?

We came to the following conclusion:

Women buy clothes to impress men, handbags to impress other women, and shoes for their own pleasure. Agree?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Rye said…

    Alternative title for this post:

    "For whom the bag totes"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home