Does Debbie

Friday, April 29, 2005

Nosy Men

When a woman goes on a date, it is assumed that any and all details of the date can and will be revealed to the woman's girl friends. What did you eat? What kind of shoes was he wearing? Did you have sex with him?

On the other hand, as macho as guys claim to be, we know that the only question one is asked by his friends after aforementioned date is usually "did you get laid?" "cool."

It is this unspoken assumption that now has me in a conundrum. You see, my friend Zucko, who happens to be male and single, oddly possesses the female date-question hormone. Everytime I go on a date, and Zucko happens to know about it, I am placed on the witness stand. Debbie, did you hook up? what did you do? did you have sex with him? Why not? Why?
While I have no problem sharing my slutiness (or quite often, lack of) with my girls, I find something very creepy about Zucko's line of questioning. I have been trying to gain insight into just why he wants to know what I do sexually. He is not attracted to me (at least not that I think,) we have never hooked up (not do I intend to) and by asking what I do leads to him knowing the sexual doings of a total MALE stranger to him. But it's not just me. Zucko asks all his female friends (and male friends) the same questions after a date.

I have decided not to answer Zucko's questions anymore, which initially angered him. But we now have an unspoken agreement between us over which questions are off-limits. I'm sure Zucko's other girl friends have adapted similar procedures.

Of course, Zucko breaks the rules and mildly inquires whether orgasms were exchanged on my date. And I send Zucko male homosexual pamphlets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home