Does Debbie

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Challenges

In case it is not blatantly obvious in my posts, (which I'm sorry that they declined in frequency the past week or so) I genuinely enjoy writing in my blog. Sure, part of it is for selfish reasons as nothing brings me more pride than having one of my friends tell me that they almost choked on their edamame from laughing so hard. Or even seeing a total stranger post a response to one of my stories! There are people out there who like what I write. But becoming a soon-to-be-discovered artist comes with its challenges:

Finding the neutral ground to write about. Sure, I have pushed the envelop with dates and relationships, but I have never really talked about sex. And I sure have some funny stories relating to that (ahem, table, college) but there are one or two readers that I would prefer to not know the ins and outs of my ins and outs. Like my parents.

Then there is the issue of sharing stories from my current relationships. But I really don't need to flush down the drain years of therapy learning how to have a healthy relationship with the slip of a date re-cap occurrence. Like sharing how I found a hair growing out of someone's earlobe. Weird.

And finally I face the challenge of insulting and pissing off my friends and loved ones by dispelling their dirty laundry over the world-wide (or at least my world) web. Like how my friend David dreams about my friend Sandy's boobs.

But I am keeping all stories. I'll just change names.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home