Does Debbie

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Kyle

I couldn't make this one up if I tried.

Between ages 10 and 15, it would be fair to say that a significant part of my life was spent at the ice skating rink. While no Nancy Kerrigan, (except for Halloween this past year) I still skated competitvely. And worked at the local ice rink. And hung out there with my friends.

One afternoon I was taking off my skates with my friend Kim, and saw that she was talking to one of the younger skater's moms, who happened to have just given birth to a baby boy.

The little pumpkin was quite cute, and I inquired over his name. The mother told me his name, but I couldn't quite make out what she said. I thought I heard a K, and an N.

"Kunt?" I asked, without realizing what had just escaped my lips.

"No, Kyle," said the mom.

Oops.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home