Does Debbie

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Because I've Been Busy

Because I've been busy, I have not been able to run along the river, catching the exhaust of cars in my lungs, and the fishy stench of the warehouses in my nose.

Because I've been busy, I have not been able to surf the Web. I have no idea who has been added to Friendster or what the batting average is of my favorite baseball player.

Because I've been busy, I have no idea what shoes are on sale at Lord & Taylor, what Bobbi Brown's latest lipgloss is.

Because I've been busy, I have to write down people to call. I send emails in the middle of the night. I make lists.

Because I've been busy, I have learned to appreciate the fine cuisine that a vending machine offers.

Because I've been busy, I have no idea if my stocks are in the shitter, has my Money Market performed, how big is my overdraft.

Because I've been busy, I'm glad that it's summer and the only show that requires my attention is Six Feet Under, which is hitting the graveyard soon anyway.

Because I've been busy, I have new friends. I call them my laptop, my co-workers, the security people at the airport.

Because I've been busy, I get to the gym less. I require more "night time" activity to keep the weight off. I eat more and sleep less.

Because I've been busy, I forgot to write in my blog. I'm sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home