Does Debbie

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Quitter

I am a Virgo. That means I am supposed to be Type-A and very efficient. I am supposed to be a perfectionist. I am supposed to be bad in bed.

Fortunately, I do not completely adhere to my astrological stereotype. For one, I am NOT bad in bed (if you have read my blog before you know that I won't get into too much sex talk, which includes talent boasts for fear of mother reading blog. But I can put both legs behind my head.) For another, I rarely clean my apartment. Is it messy: hell no. Is it clean: um, moving on.

However, the disadvantage of not staying true to my birth sign, is that I am not as much of a perfectionist that I should be. I have one fatal flaw: I start things and don't finish them.

No, this does not mean I am a retard and can not read a book, or that I can't keep a relationship. But it does mean that I have a list of interesting, personality-defining hobbies that I have started, and sadly, quit. For example:

1) I took guitar lessons for 6 months. I practiced every day. I thought I could join a band. Now, the only action my guitar gets is when the bi-annual cleaning lady dusts it off.

2) I wrote a book. Actually, my friend Karen and I wrote a 50-page book proposal. We even were represented by a respected literary agent. She loved our book, and the publishing houses liked it- we just needed to work on it a little. Did that happen? What do you think?

3) I ran two marathons, in 2001 and 2002, and said that the next rung on the ladder would be a triathalon. Are you riding your bike this year, cuz I'm sure not...

You get the point. Writing this blog is my challenge to overcome this "shortfall." Man, is it hard. I get lazy. I think no one reads it (not my self-serving plea to post a note if you read my blogs.) I get bored. But damn it, I am going to write in this thing for two years if I have to. I am going to become a Virgo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home