Does Debbie

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Work Circumcision

What's the law about religion? Separate church and state? Church and education? And in my case, synagogue and work? Well, unfortunately, that is one law I unfortunately don't upkeep.

No, I don't prostelytize Judaism throughout the halls of the ad agency (half the company is Jewish already,) but the topic does come up from time to time. And interestingly, I have had two too many conversations about conversion to Judaism.

I happen to have two co-workers who converted, both European. I found it fascinating learning about their newfound passion for the religion, what led them to convert, etc...

However, for those of you that don't already know this, you have to be circumcised to be Jewish. Which of course, can cause a wince if you imagine 30-something men having their cocks chopped. This is one area of the conversion topic that I avoid. Unsuccessfully.

You see, both of my co-workers shared these little details: 1 got circumcised, 1 didn't.

WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

Now, whenever I see them in the hallways, do I think about our approaching work deliverables? Of course not. Do I want to discuss the results of our last campaign? Hell no! I want to run far, far away, so I don't have to imagine the circumcision and the lack of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home