Does Debbie

Thursday, September 15, 2005

My Nose

The oddest thing occurred this morning. I was putting in my contact lenses when Matt asked me (prefacing not to be sensitive and take this the wrong way) why I never got my nose done. Clearly, the angle of my lens insertion and his body must have led to a thorough review of my profile, which consists of a straight, almost to a point nose with a small bump at the bridge.

Matt did not mean anything by this line of questioning. Perhaps, knowing my Ashkanazi heritage and my Baltimore suburb upbringing, he thought it was a rite of passage for all women to go under the knife before they turned 21. But not me. Sure, I have had a love-hate relationship with the center of my face. It was cute as a button before I hit puberty. Then my fact must have gotten smaller in high school as my nose seemed to protrude. But I just thought I needed to "grow into my face." Which I did. And then it was perfect. However, several years ago I think I broke it in a banana boat accident (see posting: Caaarlos.) Since that fated day, I have an almost-perfect nose. But still, perfect for me.

As for Matt, I'll let him off the hook. After all, he's from the nose job capital of the world: LI.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    2007 Jaguar XK Convertible
    The new Jaguar XK is dropping its top faster than the girls in Girls Gone Wild. Only a day after the world debut of the '07 XK , Jaguar has released photos of the '07 XK convertible.
    -Razor. I'm into Cat Trees/b>at
    The Refined Feline Cat Furniture.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not sure what is worse, that Matt made a comment about your nose or that HE actually went under the knife. Dump him yesterday!!

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said…

    I emailed you my e-mail address on friendster....

    SS

    www.theidlemind.blogspot.com

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First of all, I used to date Matt. When he told me he was now dating a girl named Debbie and that she has her own blog - I thought I would check it out. Matt is a great guy (and amazing in bed) and the fact that you would allow "anonymous" people to bash him - well, maybe I should call him and recommend that he DUMP YOU!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To the anonymous poster at 12:20 PM....please relax. That "dump him yesterday" comment was a joke...I am Debbie's officemate and wanted to post a funny response. I hear he is a great guy although Debbie has never had to mention his skills in bed to prove how wonderful he is...its interesting you threw that in. Like that information is necessary to prove how great his character is.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said…

    Dear Matt's ex:

    I have not only urged Deb to tell Matt about your little rant, but to encourage him to get a restraining order against you. You are obviously unstable and are in desperate need of psychiatric help. What you wrote is, at best, inappropriate. It is also a horrible reflection upon you and clealy represent the ramblings of a desperate stalker.

    I am pretty sure that if you asked, Deb would take down your comment and save you further humiliation.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's crazy! Men should be much more careful about their comments. Every woman's nose is beautiful! It is a part of their personality.
    cat hammock

     

Post a Comment

<< Home