Does Debbie

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

43 degrees

So, another week in Minneapolis for work. While normally these trips are much anticipated (good food, good shopping, and a 42' flat screen in the hotel room,) the dreaded Minnesotta weather is arriving. It was 41 degrees when I woke up. And the sun wasn't even close to rising. And it was 7am. What is wrong with this picture?

My trip here has been uneventful, until last night. I was out for dinner with two co-workers, and in the back of the restaurant, I spotted two of my senior clients (VP level) at the bar. I said hello when they walked by. I walked over to their area to say good-bye after dinner. I was coerced into staying.

You see, aforementioned clients were out celebrating the new guy's birthday. He was 35. They had been drinking for hours, and I think they needed a woman in their presence to add some humor to the conversation.


The next thing I know, VPs are making me do shots. Yup. shots. And they're grilling me about Matt. They wanted to call him. Geez! They asked me about my family relationships, my dating history, my thoughts on marriage. I'm surprised they didn't ask when I lost my virginity!

Fortunately, I was able to sneak out and go back to the hotel room. But if the clients ever don't like our ideas, I can always remind them of the "Desperate Housewife" shot they drank. Which was pink and very fruity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home