Does Debbie

Monday, November 14, 2005

Later Rite Aid

Rite Aid- you've been beaten. I truly thought you employed the stupidest people in NYC- worse than Duane Reade. And you have been outdumbed. And to whom might you ask?

AMC Movie Theater on 23rd street.

If I wasn't there myself, I would never believe it. You see, my friend Shana and I had just seen Bee Season (sucked) and took advantage of the movie stub to see Derailed (much better.) Before the movie began, however, we decided to grab a hearty dinner of pretzels/nacho cheese and water. Actually, I had eaten popcorn in Bee Season, so this was Shana's dinner. I was just snacking on water.

As we went to pay, Shana pulled out her credit card. But the credit card machine was not working. The woman behind the counter spent a good 7 minutes trying to get it to work, and trying the card on other machines. Meanwhile, Shana was chowing down on her stale pretzel bites and I was hydrating. No luck. The woman asked if we had cash, and sadly, we did not have enough to cover. But we had plastic!

The woman behind the counter was in a flux. She couldn't charge us. We couldn't pay. And she was going to be held accountable. We felt bad- we tried to pay. What to do? Dumb woman then called her manager and was told that since the credit card machine was not working- we would not be able to keep to food and drinks. Yes, even though the food and drink had been consumed, we needed to return it.

So Shana and I stood next to the counter, ate a few more pretzel bites and drank almost all of our water (we saved a few sips.) Then we left the containers on the counter and walked away. We followed the rules.



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home