Does Debbie

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Small Rant

It's Wednesday and I'm hung over. Correct, it's Thursday. (proof of my hangover.) Last night was my bi-weekly Mexican Wednesday, which consists of a growing number of friends going out for Mexican food at various joints throughout the city. This was dinner #6 or so since we started.

Ok, back to the hangover. I was convinced that I had a 9am meeting at work this morning, so waking up at 8:07 was not helping me with the goal. So as I was quickly rinsing off my body, I planned the outfit- jeans and sneakers, of course.

I made it to work at 8:58, only to learn that my 9am meeting was actually 9:30am. In those situations, is one happy they had more time in the morning to surf the net, or are they pissed they woke up 27 minutes too early? I am on the fence with this one.

Then, I learned that my 3:30 conference call was actually not a conference call but an in-person meeting. Shit, my casual outfit backfired. I was presented with the option of going home to change or dialing in to the meeting. I chose the latter. : )

Finally, I realized, almost startlingly, that I have yet to make my Slamtrak reservations for T'giving. After entering in the info online, I began to stare at my screen. I saw weird numbers. Like $160. And $103. Wow, did Amtrak lower their rates? $103 for a round-trip ticket? Yippee! Boy was I wrong on that one. The price, sadly, was one-way.

So I get to spend $206 to spend 4 days getting fat and telling my parents that I am not getting married yet. Good times.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know you, but I love your rants... I ran across your blog a while ago and find it funny and interesting! I live in NY as well, and am a single woman and I identify with your blog. Keep writing, you are very funny!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home