Does Debbie

Friday, December 30, 2005

Goodbye Year

In honor of the departure of 2005, I thought an entry on the year 2005 was appropriate. Some of my fellow bloggers have also used this time for a retrospect of the past year- the good times, the bad times, the times that are blog-worthy. Rather than re-hash all 12 months, I thought I would just list the top 12 things I learned in 2005.

1. Never go on a blind date when you have the flu. And for that matter, never go out with anyone named Arthur. Especially if he is 32. That name only belongs on men that have grey pubes.

2. There is a cause and effect reaction from not going to the gym. If I don't go to the gym, it causes me to get fat.

3. Jdate works (no, not for me.) In 2005, I went to 1 jdate wedding, and another friend got engaged.

4. Nothing beats a good pot brownie.

5. An Ace-Seven offsuit in Hold 'Em is not great if you are in 1st or 2nd position.

6. I really am too old for Fire Island.

7. I should have more deductions from my paycheck, and max out my 401K.

8. After 15 years of having sex, I have a new favorite position.

9. You can tell someone on a first date that you "like to rhyme" and he will still like you.

10. LOST really is as great as everyone said it is.

11. My chocolate chip banana bread is as great as I say it is.

12. It is ideal to have a celeb crush with the same name as your boyfriend. He will never know who you are thinking about when you call out the name in bed.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i actually left a comment about your arthur date back in march. i literally went on the exact same date as you: same picking up in the beemer, il mulino (although he didn't touch any carbs, claimed to be on atkins), stories about tax returns girl (whom, coincidentally, i've met as she dated one of my best friend's brothers). the only thing that was different about our dates was that he didn't drop the salary bomb (or maybe he did but i was too drunk to remember?). alas, i wasn't as smart as you and went out with him about six or so times till i realized i was dating a woman (he even took me to meet his personal shopper at prada so i could help 'pick out his winter wardrobe'). after that experience, i added "bad name = no date" to my ever-growing list of deal breakers...

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Does Debbie said…

    KS- too funny! At least we got a good meal out of it!

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    How many times do I have to ask for your banana bread recipe before you give it to me??? Please!!! I even have an appropriate pan to bake it in now!

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I like your logic! I just have to start dating a girl named Denzel...

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you seen any information on cellulite diet? I just have not had the best results when blog surfing today. Anywho back to my endless search for cellulite diet.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BTW, it's MY banana choc chip bread recipe :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home