Does Debbie

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Is it Rude or Is it Right?

To know me is to know I'm honest. Some might say honest to a fault; others might say blunt. "No filter" is probably going on my grave. But you know, I just say what everyone else is thinking. But am I out of line for saying certain things, or is the person who keeps quiet wrong? Let's take a look...

1) AWKWARD OCCURRENCES. The woman with toilet paper on her foot (or me, when I was at Cafe Deville and had toilet paper coming out of the top of my pants,) the guy with one too many poppy seeds in his teeth, the person who truly needs a piece of gum.

2) JUST PLAIN WRONG. Your friend who tells everyone that she looks like Julia Roberts. Those who say that Tasti DiLite is fat free. That person at a party who tells a group of people that Steve Martin was the first guest host of SNL (it was George Carlin, by the way.)


3) KEEP A SECRET. I think we can all admit that there are certain secrets that are not meant to be kept secret. Now I am not talking about the true "life altering" ones your closest friends share with you. But it does beg us to wonder if certain people ask you to keep a secret, knowing full well that you are going to share it, and secretly wanting you to? Like "don't tell anyone but I kissed the guy from the gym last night."

4) UGLY. When I ask someone if my ass looks large, I truly want them to tell me that they see an extra dent on the lower right cheek. I want honesty. But what if the person hasn't asked, do you tell? Under what circumstances is constructive feedback warranted?

Just a little food for thought on this ridiculously cold fall night.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Yah seriously, I only had 3 meek, girlish giggles during that post. Normally you get a half-dozen belly-aching guffaws out of me.

    What is this world coming to?

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Does Debbie said…

    I'm sorry readers. I was not feeling it yesterday. I promise not to post crap like that every again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home