Does Debbie

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Weird Anorexic Habits

I probably have commented to friends on Nicole Ritchie's weight loss several times the past few months. After all, the coke head, I mean, reality star, I mean 80's pop star's daughter is pretty fucking thin these days. I enjoyed watching Katie Couric grill her on the Today Show about her eating habits. I yell at Us Weekly when I see her grace the pages.

But, you know what? I think we all have some crazy anorexic habits.

For example, I happen to be on the thin side, naturally, and don't deprive myself of fried foods or sugar. And yeah, I go to the gym occasionally. But I have some absolutely sick tendencies that put me at the level of Nicole at times:

1) I throw food out if I am eating too much, rather than put it away because I have no portion control. Just ask my friend Robyn- she thought I was nuts as I tossed Milk Duds on the floor during Walk the Line, as if I kept them in the box, I would eat too many and feel gross (not to mention, rot my teeth.)

2) I have begun a new habit of walking up the 11 flights of stairs to my office, once a day. That is 226 stairs of pure concrete hell. And it makes my ass feel great!

3) This is my friend's habit- I swear. When she is done eating her meal, and has more left on the plate that she doesn't want to eat, she pours gross amounts of salt over the dish, thus making the meal inedible. Once, she added sugar and mustard to the concoction.

I think most people would admit to an occasional starvation technique here and there. And I'm sure we all know one too many manorexic (nothing turns me off more than a man that counts calories.)

Off to a Hillary Clinton fundraiser. And yes, I am taking the elevator out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home