Does Debbie

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Woman with Half a Body

I'm still in Minneapolis, and it is still cold and snowing. So last night I bagged dinner with co-workers for a night of room service and Lost. And let me tell you how hot Josh Hollaway looked on that 42" plasma..

Anyway, following Lost and my call with my man, I flipped the channels to see if anything else was on. If I was lucky, another episode of "I Should Have Died" or whatever it is called was on Discovery. Nothing like watching 2 people practically die in the middle of shark-infested seas.

I scanned all 37 channels a few times over, and then came across a program on TLC entitled, The Woman With Half a Body. Loving conjoined twin stories, I could only imagine what I was in for.


What I saw blew my mind, and made me see the world in a different light. Rosemary Siggins has spent her entire life without legs, and with half a torso. She walks with her arms, and uses a skateboard. She is married with a son. And he cares for her father with dementia, and a mentally disabled brother. And she loves life.

I won't do this story justice- I'll let it speak for itself.



2 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw Rosemary and oh, I have so much respect for her. I think she does what a healthy person would call " too heavy". Could it be possible to write her by e mail or post I would do that. Only to let her know: "I saw you and you are great" May be somebody is able to tell her this?

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw this show too and it has certainly made me ashamed of the my petty ways, thoughts and sometime actions. Hope more people can catch the show and the spirit Rosemary has demonstated in how she has overcome unbelievable obstacles!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home