Does Debbie

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Non Drowsy

It's less than a week into the new year, and I'm already pissed off about something. Forget the fact that I had a bad cold during New Years. Or the fact that I was at a romantic bed and breakfast, and felt too sick for sex. Or even the fact that I spent all last week studying up on my poker game, and lost a full house Kings over 4's to an asshole at the table who also had a full house- Aces over 4's.

Nope, I'm pissed about something else. Fucking Sudafed. Yup. All you meth users out there, you can have your pseudephedrine crap. I'm done with it. You see, the label clearly stated Non Drowsy. So I took it during the day on Sunday, and passed out cold. Non-drowsy my ass. Then, since it worked well as a sleeping pill, I took another dose Sunday night. Only to be up the entire night. That time Sudafed decided to work like Speed. I woke up this morning (if you even call it waking up- it was more like deciding to get out of bed) a zombie.

Then came the decision point: I was flying to Minneapolis this morning, and still felt crappy. To take the evil Sudafed or not. If it kept me up, it wasn't the end of the world; if I slept on the plane, more power to me. And Afrin is just too damn addictive. I decided to take the awful little red pill.

I slept about 17 minutes on the plane and am so exhausted. Ugh, can't win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home