Does Debbie

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sexual Valley

"They" say that men hit their sexual peak at about 18; women at 35. Which might explain Mary Letourneau. However, it doesn't seem to explain the diminishing sex drive that seems to have hit me (and the majority of my friends questioned about this topic the past few months.)

As most of you know, I'm 32, which means that I should be still climbing the mountain of sexual womanhood. I should be ready and able any morning, afternoon, or evening, with twice on Sundays. I should wake my man up with surprise loving. I should be Debbie Does Dallas, not Does Debbie Blogwriter. And yet, I'm not.

And what is the excuse that seems to encapsulate my sexual being: I'm tired. Yup, if I had $200 riding on a bet between sleep and sex, and sex was given 14 points, sleep would still win. It's not like I'm an investment banker and working around the clock. And I am not standing on my feet all day long spraying perfume at Bloomingdales. I have a desk job, and I am still fucking tired every night.

You might be thinking, maybe I should have my thyroid checked. Maybe I should drink coffee later in the day. Maybe I should try Vigorelle.

Or maybe I should stick to the one safe-fail method that gets me freaky: alcohol.

Next blog: cure for my alcoholism. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home