Does Debbie

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

100

This marks my 100th entry of Does Debbie. I feel like I should get a cake with 100 candles on it. Or at least have a male stripper pop out of my laptop.

So, as we all know, Valentine's Day in just around the corner. A holiday I have hated ever since I worked at a florist in college and had to make rose bouquets for the entire Syracuse University population. And let's not forget Valentine's of 1999, when my boyfriend at the time broke up with me the day after. I'm not sure why he waited till the after the stupid holiday: he could have saved $75 on roses and $200 on dinner.

I really should be more in the loving mood this year as I do have a sweetheart to celebrate the day with. But it is more fun to bash those fuckers wearing red. So, for all you fellow V-Day haters, here are the top 5 ways to definitely ruin Valentine's Day:

1. Tell your girlfriend/boyfriend you love them, and then tell them that you are just kidding
2. Buy your girlfriend yellow roses
3. Re-gift
4. Go for drinks with your co-workers
5. Make reservations at Gonzalez y Gonzalez (just trust me on this one)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    By the way..#1 happened to me and it really does kill a relationship! "I love you" is not a term you can take back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home