Does Debbie

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Barges

So there's this web site, www.kissthisguy.com where one can post the incorrect lyrics they have carried around in their heads for years, as well as learn just what the hell the artist was actually singing. The name of the site came from the common-made error in Jimmy Hendrix's Kiss The Sky song. I guess people thought Jimmy was gay, hence "excuse me while I kiss this guy."

Anyway... I think we all have those lyrics that when we found out just how wrong we were, we were mortified. Especially if said incorrect lyric was sung in front of a group. Like co-workers.

When I was younger, I too fell victim to Hall 'n Oats "Kiss is on my List." But it was another mistake that I am just now fessing up to.

Spandeaux Ballet: True.

Correct Lyric: I know this much is true...
My Lyric: I notice barges, true...

Yup. For years I thought they were singing about boats. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home