Does Debbie

Friday, March 31, 2006

Blue Smoke Ribs

Yesterday, we had a going away lunch for an old boss of mine, who will definitely be missed at work. We hit one of our neighborhood joints: Blue Smoke BBQ. As there were 12 of us, the menu was pre-set and family style: deviled eggs, mac n cheese, hush puppies, ribs, pulled pork (am I making you hungry?)

Not surprisingly, there were enough ribs left to feed every orphan Angelina Jolie is going to adopt. We were going to bring them back to work, but were concerned that they wouldn't be eaten- ONLY because it was Food Fest. What is Food Fest you might ask?

At our agency, everyone who wants to cooks a special dish, everyone walks around and tastes them all, we vote on winners... it's fun. I made my famous chocolate chip banana bread. People loved it. But clearly not enough to vote me a winner. Bastards!

Ok, back to the ribs. At lunch, I dared one of my co-workers to bring the ribs back to the agency, serve them up at Food Fest, and claim them as his own. He accepted the dare.

Lo and behold the ribs were all the rage at Food Fest. There was buzz to try them before they ran out. No one could believe that Dave actually made them. It was great- NO ONE knew they were really from Blue Smoke.

If I was James Frey, I would lie and tell you that the ribs won Food Fest (it would make for a better story.) But they didn't. I still think it was funny that Dave pulled this off.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home