Does Debbie

Monday, March 13, 2006

Breaking Point

I walked into the bathroom at work today and saw a roach. This wasn't just any old roach- this creature had tentacles 4 inches long, and probably weighed 2 pounds. Calling it gross is an understatement.

Had this not been a Monday morning, after a night of the weirdest dreams ever (which I can probably thank Tony Soprano for) I would have just screamed and moved on. But not today.

Today I am in a shitty mood. Blame it on "that time." In fact, last night I was so emotional I searched every cable channel praying that The Notebook would be on one of the 1,048 channels I have. I needed a release. A cry- not that kind. And the only movie I could find to elicit tears was How to Lose a Guy in 10 Day, and I barely shed a tear. More like a sniffle.

Back to my mood. And the roach. I called "Facilities." The man had to come, kill, and remove the bug. Unfortunately it wasn't the Man in the Lobby- that would have been sweet revenge. Nope, this was a guy from the mailroom. As if he doesn't deal with enough shit each day to be squashing roaches on the 11th floor.

There's also a cold breeze shooting down from the vent in the ceiling above my head. I called Facilities about that one too last week and nothing has been done. I should just lie and tell them a roach is in my office.

Geez, you'd think I worked at a bodega rather than a marketing agency with Fortune 300 brands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home