Does Debbie

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Breastfeeding on Broadway

So last night was girl's night. Five of us went to Fatty Crab for dinner, and then to see a show, I Love You Because. If you asked me if I liked the show, I would have a hard time responding because my attention was not on the show. Rather, I spent half of Act 1 staring at the woman across from me breastfeeding her baby.

The Off-Broadway show was set up with the stage in the middle, and rows on both sides. So if you don't like the show, you can check out the audience. However, I did like the show. That was, until the middle of the "I think we made love" ballad, I looked across the way and saw Man, 3 year old girl, Mom and baby boy hanging from her tit. I was shocked. Stunned. I didn't know which was worse: brining a toddler to a show about sex and dating in NYC, or bringing a baby. I was appalled. I wanted to call Child Services. I wanted to scream out between scenes to get the hell out of the theater.

There was cooing coming from the baby in between nipple sucking. So wrong. She held the baby on her shoulders and my heart went out to the people sitting behind her who had to watch a show with a tot staring at them. This was wrong on so many levels.

Fortunately, the family left during Intermission. As for the show, I kind of wish I left during intermission too. I've seen better....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home