Does Debbie

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Grey's Addiction

I have always prided myself on my addiction-less personality. Cigarettes: had a few in college, nothing more. Coffee: can have a cup a day for a week and then go days on without. Sugar: this came closest to an addiction, but I gave most of it up for fried foods.

Not anymore. I admit it. I actually have an addiction, to TV Series DVDs. I buy them, I start watching them, and I can't stop. For example, I have been an avid 24 viewer since Season 2. But when I was stuck home with the flu last year, I watched the entire first season in less than 2 days (and this is 17 hours of TV.) Grey's Anatomy: my new favorite show. I actually didn't start watching this one until Meredith had her hand in the guy's heart to stop the bomb from going off. I immediately was hooked and bought the first season on DVD. I watched all 9 episodes in one weekend. I cancelled plans one Friday night to watch it. I called in sick that Monday to finish.

There really is nothing better than watching a TV series commercial-free, uninterrupted, nonstop. You can truly escape your life. This is reality TV. I want to work at the Sacred Heart Hospital or CTU. Sawyer can protect the guns on my island any day (I watched all of Lost Season 1 over the summer.)

Now what? Nip/Tuck? I heard that's a good one...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    You need NetFlix... you can rent the seasons/series you want and return when finished...

    I'm contemplating getting into Scrubs, Arrested Development, and rewatching Sex in the City from the beginning. I've already exhausted Curb and Six Feet Under...

    God, I love TV.

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said…

    "I watched all 9 episodes in one weekend." - You are an amateur. I knocked off season 1 of 24 in a day and a half. :)))))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home