Does Debbie

Friday, March 03, 2006

The Man in the Lobby

I am definitely a morning person. I never hit snooze, I am never groggy or cranky, I fly out of bed. On an aside, oddly though, I prefer sex at night. Anyway, where was I? The morning.

I walk to work, so I never have the stress of the subway/bus/commute hell to dampen my mood. But yet, day after day, I am in a bad mood before I even get to my desk. And for one reason: the man in the lobby.

There is someone in the lobby of my company whose sole salary was derived from one task: hitting the elevator button. Yup, there is another man who sits behind the desk, I guess signing people in. So all the man in the lobby needs to do is hit a fucking button.

However, his workload increased 100% the other week when he was required to check our IDs. Stressful, I know. So now, man in lobby's job is to a) check IDs and b) hit the button. And yet, he is NOT able to do both. (I should have noted this earlier that there are 4 elevators in the building, 1 is being re-worked, 1 is usually broken, and they are all slower than walking up.)

Every morning, I walk into the lobby and when there is an elevator waiting, the man in the lobby no longer holds it. He is too busy checking IDs. It now takes 8 minutes to get upstairs. The fucking moron in the lobby can't multi-task. He better not make more than $9,5000 a year. I want him fired.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home