Does Debbie

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Lowest Common Denominator

I have reached a new low in my celebrity-obsession. For some reason, reading Perez Hilton, PopSugar, and People Magazine online DAILY has not fully satisfied me. Hell, event my Us Weekly still leaves something missing. But I found a new site, and I feel good. Gawker Stalker.

Yes, I too, can now become a celebrity stalker. Because with this site, I can see who was where and when. For example, Adrian Brody was near my office this week, and Rob Lowe was downtown. And it doesn't stop there. If for some reason I want to actually go to the location (I promise my obsession will not go this far) there is a Google Map identifying the specific address. Now I can finally learn where Pine Street is!!

But I guess the larger question at hand is why do I even care? Do I feel something missing in my life that leads me to live vicariously through others? Do I really give a shit if Britney is knocked up again and Brangelina are in Africa? Apparently, I do.

I'm not the only one. In a recent New York Magazine, there was a whole article on celebrity obsession. Do we care because it is ubiquitous, or is it ubiquitous because we care? Hmmm, talk amongst yourselves.



3 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

     
  • At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home