Does Debbie

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Madonna Presale

Finally, at age 32, I fully understand the thrill of the chase. Why we want what we can't have. Why we don't want something until it is denied. And I have the Material Girl, aka Madge, to thank.

Yesterday, Madonna's summer tour dates were announced, and a presale was planned for her fan club members. They would receive a secret password to get the tickets this morning. Tickets to the general public don't go on sale until Monday. Now, I have never seen Madonna in concert and really want to, before she decides to just become a Kaballah rabbi, or retire.

Ok, fan club it is! My office mate paid the $38 and away we went.... only to find out that the passwords were given to fan club members who joined BEFORE Monday, the day the concert was announced. So basically we shelled out $38 for a T-shirt and mug.

What I wanted, of course, was the damn password. Craig's List should have it! Or so I, and about 25 others hoped, with no avail. I went a step forward- I starting posting messages on her fan club's website, in the creepy chat room (talk about CRAZY Madonna fans.) I begged, I pleaded, I was shit outta luck.

Until Jason, a random guy from Craig's List came along. It seems that there is another pre-sale happening before Monday, and Jason has the secret passcode. And he is sending it to me! It may be too good to be true. And it may be pointless anyway- it's not like I can afford the $350 tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home