Does Debbie

Monday, April 17, 2006

Ready for Retirement

I just spent 6 days in South Florida, and I am ready to quit my job, pack my bags, and move to Century Village just like Rodney Rothman did in his autobiography, Early Bird. I could live the life with ease: leisurely breakfast, shuffleboard, swimming, early dinner, and crossword puzzles. The most stressful decision of my day would be whether I wanted my matzah ball soup with or without noodles.

But unfortunately, I have 30 more years of working ahead of me, before I am able to live tax-free off a Roth401K, receive Medicare, and join a summer camp for adults. Damn.

On a separate note, Cheree, my ice skate seller, sent me an IM this morning. It turns out that her mother had googled her, and came across my blog. YIKES. Again, my blog got me in trouble. It seems that mother and daughter did not appreciate the reference to Cheree as a stripper. She told me that she was not, in fact, a stripper. She just posed for Playboy once. Anyway, Cheree is cool, and we IM occasionally (and I love the ice skates) so I adhered to her request to delete the stories about her.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
    »

     
  • At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home