Does Debbie

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Warning Sign

With the number of deaths rising from random acts of life (e.g. tripping on the subway platform and unfortunately getting killed by an approaching train) in the news every day, it is no surprise to see more warnings on things. For example:

There is a big orange HEALTH WARNING on my new keyboard at work. When I first noticed it, I pondered what it could be for. Perhaps they thought I might strangle myself with the cord after a bad call with the client. Or perhaps I might throw the damn thing at my office mate. There is nothing on the keyboard that I could choke on, so that wasn't it. My curiosity got the better of me, and I turned over the keyboard to read the warning sticker on the back. Duh. Carpel tunnel.. blah blah blah... tingling... here's a website for healthy typing... Interesting as my keyboard is one of those raised, ergonomic ones.

The warning makes sense, but I think there are a few other items that deserve a big orange sticker. Like on a cruise boarding ticket. Or on a CD plastic case (that should contain warnings of mental instability from trying to open.) Hmmm, let me think of others and I'll get back to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home