Does Debbie

Monday, May 08, 2006

Vicariously Jdating

I was on Jdate for almost four years, on and off. My first screen name was 7684, because that was the number member I was. I probably went on 30+ first dates, 10 second dates, 6 third dates, and 2 fourth dates. I fell in love from the site, once. I broke one heart.

Ironically, I met The Man at a bar. Go figure.

But I miss jdate. Not for me, and not for the men. I am happy as a clam with The Man. But I miss the initial conversations, the excitement of watching a stranger type an IM, wondering what he'll say. I miss the thrill and the chase. I miss hooking men with my wit. But I don't miss dating.

My sister has let me feed my cravings, on occasion. She'll let me search men for her (and I write them on her behalf, without her knowing.) It's fun. It's even more fun when I know the guy. Just yesterday, my sister was over and we were jdating for her. We came across a guy I dated in college. Yes, we actually went on a few dates. Bowling, if I recall.

I couldn't resist. I sent him an email saying hello. I suggested he meet my sister. Aren't "sisters" every guy's dream anyway? We'll see if he writes back.

Ok, off to write more men for sis. That is, until she changes her password again.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home