Does Debbie

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Plans

I honestly can not figure out why men hate making plans. To me, there is nothing better. The fact that I know I have reservations at Luger's in two weeks makes my stomach growl now just thinking about it. My trip to LA next month: counting down the days. Even the party at The Man's closet builder has me planning my outfit in my head (but then again, that might be a result of the host being a gay decorator and needing to dress to the nines to impress...)

Anyway, where was I? Ah, plans. And another reason that men just suck at times. True, there is the occasional man that gives more of a shit about his calendar than his blackberry, but they are few and far between. But is it really that bad that men let women rule the calendar? Maybe I should spin this to the positive. I can make plans with the couple with the mute husband. I can buy tickets to Counting Crows or Barbra Streisand. I can "surprise!"

Spinning this another way- does having a full calendar make one feel more confident? I have friends that run down their weekend plans from June through September ("I only have one weekend free, can you believe?... blah, blah.)

One last thought- imagine if you could make plans the same way you make reservations on OpenTable.com?


3 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    I am guilty. Plans are hard to make when there are two people involved. I like the idea of an online planning calendar, where friends and family can peruse the calendar and claim the dates they want in advance, and all requests must be accepted by the calendar owner in order to stick. Between time together, time with his friends, time with my friends and family time... it's too hard!!! And summer is the worst!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I plan to be less spontaneous.

    Guys don't plan because we don't care. Dinner tonight? How about steakhouse, Mexican, Burger King, Chinese, Olive Garden...

    In two weeks? Probably the same choices.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home