Does Debbie

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Legal System

I don't get it. Our legal system, that is. More specifically, how I could have gotten the $30 parking ticket in LA last week. I was shopping on Robertson, buying the cutest turquoise blue shirt to wear out. The sun was shining, I was driving a red Mustang convertible, and I was with my 16 year-old sister. It was a good day.

I parked the car in front of an invalid meter, and was advised to move it by a pleasant salesperson wearing leggings. It was 4pm, and the cops were in full force. A Toureg was pulling out as I entered my car, so I was able to just move back 25 feet or so into the new spot. I put $1.75 in the meter, and back to Nanette Laporre I went.

Twenty minutes and empty-handed later, I returned to the car, to see a piece of paper folded into the windshield. What was this? A flyer for the closest strip club? Half-off chicken wings? Oh no. This was a $30 parking ticket for parking outside the white lines next to the meter. Yup. Jodie Sweeten in pumping herself up with Meth, and the cops are focused on my inability to park too far behind the meter.

On the other end of the spectrum, there was my flight home. Some man's ass exploded about 2 hours into the flight, and the entire plan smelled like colon cleansing. The stink reached 7 seats across, 10 rows back.

And yet, this ass man gets off empty handed. As the saying goes, there should be a law....

1 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Seriously, WHAT THE HELL.

    I'm going to get in trouble for letting the emissions inspection slip on my car for a month.

    Nevermind the flood of illegal immigrants that live in my area.

    Nevermind the drug deals that I've had the privilege to see.

    Nope, come after the tax-paying law-abiding citizen who couldn't take time out of his work day to sit in a three-hour line to get his vehicle inspected.

    Priorities, folks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home