Does Debbie

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Stuff

Another shitty part about a break up: giving the stuff back. Fortunately, the inventory I had at The Man's consisted of:

1 pair of sexy black pajamas
1 Alabama T-shirt
1 pair of navy blue sweatpants
1 book
1 pair of spare eyeglasses
1 set of furry hand cuffs (although my memory is failing me if they were ever used)
1 toothbrush

When it came time for the retrieval, I honestly only wanted my eyeglasses back. I didn't want the clothes, as they would have that familiar smell of his laundry detergent and apartment musk. The book was read (and a good one, FYI. Early Bird.) The toothbrush was tossed (that would have been very creepy had that been returned.)

I was not ready to see The Man in person, so I was hoping he would leave the items with his doorman. He offered lunch. I declined. He went one step further and messengered everything to my office. Everything. Including the handcuffs.

Which left me in an uncomfortable situation. I know he didn't want them in his apartment, but I didn't want them in mine. And leaving them in my office was a major HR no-no. I could have snuck them into the ladies room and throw them out. Or left them on my bosses desk, hehe.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ugh...i know all about the pain of a breakup and dealing with the 'stuff' you had at his place. i'd just get rid of all of it except for your glasses (of course). put everything in a plastic bag and toss it on the street. i'm sorry you have to go through this right now - know that it will get easier with time.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DoesDeb... I don't know you (or at least I don't think I do) but I stumbled upon your blog months ago, and have continued to read it ever since. I am sorry to read of your break-up... they are sooo hard. I know. Just remember, you are not alone... there are many women like me who have been there, and have made it through the rain! Keep writing, I love your blog...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home