Does Debbie

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Monday Night Trivia

One of my favorite things about living in New York is discovering hidden gems. A charming block I had never noticed. A restaurant where they call you "hon" and serve french toast as good as moms. A running path. Last night, I found another reason to love New York: Monday Night Trivia at The Slipper Room.

Now, I played along the whole time to VH-1's World Series of Pop Culture, and all modesty aside, I kicked ass. I knew Rudy's guy friend on the Cosby Show (Bud,) I knew the theme song to Full House. Yet, last night was a whole other ball of wax.

I sucked. Granted, my fellow teammates consisted of 3 Harvard grads and 1 Welleslyn grad, but my Syracuse Newhouse degree should have gotten me somewhere. But alas, I could not hold my own with Presidential trivia, and I had no idea who some Norweigen explorer. I did know that Princess Diana is the deceased person to grace the cover of People the most times. Our team, however, placed 9th out of 24th, but we did not take home the $200 grand prize. Or the $50 second prize. Hell, even last place got a paper bag full of Oreos.

Time to study up on Wikipedia.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am the norweigan explorer, i think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home