Does Debbie

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sixteen Candles Moment

I felt like Molly Ringwald in Sixteen Candles last night. No, my parents hadn't forgotten my birthday and I had gorgeous Jake waiting for me in a Porche. But close.

My dad forgot my age.

I kid you not. We were on the phone last night, and my dad was telling me that he can't believe I am 34 years old. To which I replied that I wasn't 34, and in fact, was 32. He meant that I was turning 34 in two weeks. Again, he was wrong as I am turning 33. Dad then asked me if I was sure that I wasn't born in 1972. Last I checked, and as written on my birth certificate, I was born in 1973.

Talk about an awkward moment.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like my parents - if you ask my mom, I was born mid-morning; if you ask my dad, it was around dinnertime.

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I tend to think it's dear ol' Dad that has the memory lapse. Mom will call to wish me a happy birthday, citing the exact age that I have now become. But all year round my dad will ask me (with a thoroughly confused look on his face) how old I am now.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The funny thing is that Dad knows exactly what time you were born (9:45 pm)!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home