Does Debbie

Monday, August 07, 2006

Third Wheel, Tire, Hell, the Whole Car

As noted on Friday, I had some apprehension towards the weekend. I feared boredom. Fortunately, my weekend was anything but boring. Unfortunately, my dinner and movies with my friend and her husband turned into dinner, movies, sleepover, run in the park the next day, and lunch.

I hadn't seen my friend Stacey and her husband in a while, so when she suggested plans for Saturday night, I gladly agreed. After a long, hot day at the beach with friends, I eagerly awaited a few hours in a cold theater. The three of us had Indian food (not necessarily the best choice pre-movie) and were among the masses to see Talladega Nights.

However, as we exited the movies, I noticed a strange darkness in my neighborhood. The local deli was closed. In fact, the whole block was pretty much shut down, my street was blocked off, I saw candles. Ugh. Black-out.

Yup, I had the pleasure of no electricity on Saturday night and Con Ed did not predict it to be fixed until Sunday morning (which meant Sunday afternoon.) So off to the UWS I went, sleepover bag in tow. When I got to Stacey's apartment, they set me up on their sleep sofa and we all cuddled and told ghost stories. Just kidding. They went to bed while I read the paper. The next morning, I lived the life of an Upper Westsider. The three of us went for a run in the park together. We had breakfast together. It was Three's Company all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home