Does Debbie

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Broadway Barf

I always get excited when my friend Shana calls with a fun invite. As a media exec, the woman is thrown tickets to everything from concerts to fashion shows. The event on hand tonight: tickets to a Broadway show. More specifically, tickets to "Times They Are-A Changin," the new Bob Dylan/Twila Thorpe disaster.

I must admit to some skepticism before the curtains went down. After all, I am in the minority who hated Mamma Mia, and I wouldn't have paid even $5 to see Movin' Out. Shows force fed to fit a musician's lyrics just plain suck.

Tonight did not disappoint. The premise- a fable about a circus owner, his son, some runaway, and CLOWNS. I hate clowns!!! And not just clowns, large floats, men on stilts, jumping things- all to Dylan.

The show started at about 8:10. We walked out at 8:28. And sadly, I will never get those 18 minutes back....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home