Does Debbie

Monday, October 09, 2006

The Entourage

Quite a few stories from this weekend, but I think I'll start with this one first...

I was invited to the Harlem Film Festival on Saturday by AJ, which I thought would be fun. I was then told that we were schlepping up to Harlem just to see two short films. Urgh. Yes, I love movies, but I really did not want to see an hour's worth of movies at 2pm in the middle of a beautiful fall Saturday. I tried to get out of it, but while I was hemming and hawing, I looked online to see what these two short films were. One was starring Adrien Grenier and one was written and directed by Adrien Grenier. Aquaman himself. That changed things.

It turns out that AJ's close family friend is cousins with Aquaman, and he was the producer of both shorts. It was all coming together. And this meant that there was a very good chance I was going to meet Adrien.

The movies were great. We saw a series of 5 short films, on a range of topics and genres. The two that AJ's friend produced were great- Across the Hall, and Euthanasia.

And what was even better: the personal introduction to Aquaman. Shaking his hand. Saying hello. Chatting about the movies. Getting lost in his blue, blue eyes. Going to dinner with his aunt and uncle. Hearing about the new brownstone he is building in Brooklyn. Being part of his Entourage.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i got to hang out with quentin tarantino for an evening once. it was kinda cool. he's nothing like i thought he would be. then again, i didn't even know who i was talking to until AFTER the evening was over and someone asked me, "so what'dya think of quentin?" i was like, "oh, he's a cool guy". "that's all you have to say about one of the greatest writer/directors of our time?!?"... oh shit, you mean THAT quentin tarantino. i'm such a dumbass sometimes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home