Does Debbie

Monday, November 20, 2006

My Weekend

I'm a little tired from the weekend. As if going home to Maryland for Thanksgiving for 5 days wasn't enough, I was lucky enough to head down there this past weekend for my dad's 60th birthday. Now you may wonder why we just didn't celebrate this coming weekend, which is the logical question, but my dad, step mother and sister will be in Palm Springs at a field hockey tournament. This holiday will be spent with mom and her side of the family.

So a few highlights from this past weekend. I'll give you the top 5.

1. Arriving at the train station, and being fortunately enough to wait there for 15 minutes while my father raked the leaves and showered. Oh, then he decided to pick us up.

2. Getting my grandma drunk at dinner Saturday night. She was sitting next to me. So was a bottle of wine. How did we know she was loaded? She pronounced to the entire table that, "everyone should go to the zoo" and then shared details of all the wonderful animals kept in captivity. Comedy at its best.

3. My two sisters, my father and me all trying to get dressed for the Ravens game. It was kind of cold out. Scarves, hats, gloves flying everywhere. Jerseys on, jackets off. Convincing my sister that everyone wears purple and white bandanas around their neck (she fell for it.) All while Emmy our dog sat there and wondered why we thought she was the crazy one.

4. Jamal Lewis. Steve McNair. And the rest of the Ravens. 8-2 record. 24-10 score against the Falcons. Amazing game! And I get to go again this weekend against the Steelers.

5. Arriving back in my apartment at 9pm knowing that in less than 70 hours I would be giving more money to Amtrak.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Don't forget about B.J Sams!! oh, and i WILL wear that bandana again this sunday!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home