Does Debbie

Thursday, December 14, 2006

It Was For the Kids

My friend Nicola invited me to a benefit last night; she was on the board for Project Piggybank and they were having a winter party at the elusive Bungalow 8. The invitation cited hors d'eouvres, a performance by the cast of RENT, and more. Yesterday morning, Nicola had listed off celebrities that had RSVP'd: Liza Minelli, Tony Danza, Sienna Miller, and Chevy Chase- an interesting collection of alcoholics/freaks past and present. Star power at its best.

I must admit to sincere excitement about this one. I wanted to wear the ultimate cocktail attire. My money was going to the kids. This was going to be the party of the week.

Um, not. I knew I was in for disappointment when the only food they served were.... salads. Yes, I am serious. They passed out a variety of boxed salads: some with roast beef, others with tuna, a few with pumpkin. Yes, these were the best salads I had probably ever eaten and I downed three of them. Ironically, I was starving as I had only eaten a salad for lunch (and yes, I will be very regulated for the next week I am sure.) But where were the pigs in the blankets? The bacon wrapped scallops? The foundation had the name Pig in it after all. I wanted party food, not roughage.

The cast of RENT was a no-show. As were the celebrities listed above. All of them. Which left me in a pretty cocktail dress with my A game on surrounded by a bunch of single women.
But hey, I did have a cute 26-year old begging me to go home with him, promising the best sex of my life. I opted to stay at Bungalow 8 until midnight, waiting for the real party to get started, which never did. I probably should have left with the little boy.

But, hell, it was for the kids.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    I find it hard to believe that all the celebs decided not to show up. Sounds more to me like their respective publicists laughed at the offer, and the party organizer grossly misunderstood that reaction.

    Bah who am I kidding, with the prospect of meeting Tony Danza, I would have gone out.

    ANGELUUUH! SAMANTUUUUUH! MONUUUUH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home