Does Debbie

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Blue Monday

January 22nd is the saddest day of the year, according to experts. The combination of the cold weather, un-achieved New Year's resolutions, and unpaid Christmas bills culminate in this one day of despair. Ironically, January 22nd is The Date's birthday, ha! (But in keeping with my resolutions, I am not talking about the past anymore.)

All to cliche, I fell a victim of Blue Monday. Well technically, it was Blue Thursday and Blue Saturday, two days this week in which I ended up in tears. No, it wasn't due to debt (don't have any) or not accomplishing my New Year's resolutions, but the weather definitely played a starring role. But the truth is, I just felt lonely those days.

I am normally an independent woman. I love spending time alone, with my interests and hobbies. Even in the best of relationships, I cherish "me time." I think I have just been spending a little too much me time. It's hard to motivate to go outside when it is 19 degrees out. When it's freezing, I want to curl up in my fleece and watch TV. But the problem is, when it's cold and dark and January,
I don't want to be alone.

Oh, please don't feel bad for me. I did, and that got me nowhere. I tried a different approach last night: I went out with new friends and got drunk. While probably just as unhealthy, it was fun! The guys were into me; I looked hot. I felt good and social and me again. So while it's hard to motivate to go out in the dead of winter, I just have to remember that the other option is worse. Far worse.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Fabulous Divorcee said…

    Often, and recently, I feel the same way. Chin up, girl. It's hard, sometimes it's lonely... but stay positive. The right guy will come along, eventually. Keep looking!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home