Does Debbie

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

FEAR

Anyone who knows me well knows that there is one thing in life that I am utterly, paralyzingly afraid of. No, it's not dying, spiders, or public speaking. I'm not even afraid that I may die alone with cats. My one fear in life: throwing up.

Not to gross you out, but vomiting petrifies me. And I'm not alone. Technically, it is called Emetophobia and tons of people have this fear. To answer the questions you might be thinking: the last time was in 8th grade, no I have never gotten sick from drinking- even in college and yes, I can't be near someone who is doing it.

So, what made me think of this today? A lead story in the news about how the stomach flu has doubled and tripled in numbers this year. The nasty bugger is more contagious than ever. A prison rejected new inmates because 500 prisoners had gotten sick. Professional athletes, kids, gynocologists- all home barfing.

I don't know what to do. I am seriously thinking about carrying around liquid sanitizer and using it every 10 minutes. Yes, my hands may fall off, but at least I will be germ-free. I'm also considering not leaving my apartment until March. I'm definitely not hugging anyone and kissing is completely out of the question. And I will not be spending time with my friends' children.

Ok, must go to bed. I'm starting to feel a little nauseaous....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home