Does Debbie

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

I was convinced I was going to sit home last night, alone. I had received a few bottles of red wine, and a bottle of pink champagne for work holiday gifts, and I was more than happy to pop one open in front of Dick and Ryan. I had been invited to join a bevy of couples parties, and while I appreciated the offer, I passed.

I ultimately decided to grab dinner with my friend Shana and one of her girl friends. We decided that a low key dinner was exactly what we all had in mind. We went to Corner Bistro, where for $20, I had two vodka cranberries, a cheeseburger and fries. Love it!

Before we had headed out to dinner, however, Shana casually mentioned being invited to an apartment party in the West Village. A friend of a friend. There were going to be about 30 people, and it was around the corner from the restaurant. We decided to stop by after dinner, shortly before midnight.

Now, while the party wasn't anything outrageous, it was fun. The apartment was enormous, the alcohol was top shelf, and some guy was playing DJ on his Apple laptop. The people were all very friendly, including the host. We stayed until 1:15 or so, then called it a night.

Looking back, this New Year's would normally not stand it. Dinner and an apartment party. No big deal. However, whose apartment I was in kinda makes the story. It was none other than Topher Grace, star of That 70's Show, and the upcoming Spiderman 3. Kind of cool, right? Sure beats spending $150 to stand in line at a crowded cheesy club.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger Paige Jennifer said…

    I spent my night flirting with a 26 yo boy, wondering if it was possible to work through him being seven years my junior.

    Anyway, can I just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE Topher Grace? Which means I temporarily hate you for being in his presence.

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pictures- please!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home