Does Debbie

Monday, January 15, 2007

The Ides of January

I'm going to make a blanket statement: January sucks. Well, at least January 2007 sucks. I'm not referring to the weather. Frankly, the weather is one of the only positive things going on in my life right now. It's January 15th, and I have already had one of the worst months ever. Ugh. I know I run the risk of coming off negative, a complainer, woe is me, but fuck it. I'm slightly hormonal and I don't give a shit what people think at this point. So, here are a few reasons why getting out of bed sucks lately:

1. The apartment I wanted fell through and I have yet to find another gem in the West Village that I can remotely afford. It's been 11 years and I am still living in Murray Hill/Gramercy.

2. The Ravens lost to the Colts. No Superbowl.

3. In attempting to watch aforementioned Ravens play Colts, I got scammed on Craig's List out of $400. Someone was selling two tickets. He sent me a link to a site that seemed legit where he sends the tickets to me, I send the money to 3rd party site, and only when I am satisfied with the tickets will the money go to the seller. Um, giant ploy.

4. I then spent another $200 to watch aforementioned Ravens lose to Colts.

5. My love life is pathetic. Yes, I am still chatting with The Patriot and like him, but he lives in Boston. Boston is not New York, the city in which I live. Boston does not allow for mid-week dates and sleepovers and movies, watching TV, and cooking dinner after a long day at work.

6. Oh, this is a good one. Three of my close friends/family announced their first pregnancy all within four days of each other. Literally, one told me on a Wednesday, the next one told me on Thursday, and the third one told me on Sunday. I am beyond thrilled for all of them and can't wait to be Aunt Debbie to these little ones, but come on. Everyone is moving forward with their life. I'm ready...

7. There is job stuff going on that I am not thrilled about. I don't want to talk about it here as people I work with read this, but work is another stressor at the moment.

To remain positive, I am going to focus all my efforts into the lives of others. It is beyond boring just dealing with me. So if anyone would like advice on any topic, I would be more than happy to talk about you. Seriously. It's all about you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home