Does Debbie

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Miscellaneous

Today is the last day of January, thank god! A new month, with new changes. January really blew. I can already tell that February is going to be better: I made an offer on an apartment and it was accepted! I might be a home owner! More details to come when I get deeper into the contract phase.

However, I spoke to The Man for an hour today. You guys are the only ones that know. He bought an apartment a year or so ago, and being a smart financial guy, I knew he would be full of smart ideas for the apartment. He was. He was also funny, kind, and all the other things that I used to love about him. He slipped a few times and called me "babe" which felt good for a nanosecond, until I realized that he will be calling someone else that name at some point. I promised to focused FORWARD so that wasn't a smart move, but it's not like I went over his apartment drunk one Saturday night, right?

Speaking about people with commitment and/or intimacy issues, I read a good book, that just hit the market. Guys, you an tune out at this point, it's a chick self-help book written by a friend of a friend (Being a "writer" I got an advanced copy.) I must say that Kiss and Run
was scarily true. Women have commitment issues as well. There are a few quizzes that tell you what makes you so afraid of a meaningful relationship. Go buy it if you're curious. If you're married, this book is clearly not for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home