Does Debbie

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday Thoughts

1) My past continues to haunt me. In addition to my Christmas Eve run-in (and coffee a week later) with The Man, I received a text from him last weekend. Something reminded him of me... he wanted to wish me luck on the Ravens... Like an idiot, I wrote back, a few times, and even prayed that he would come around. Then, on Thursday night, The Date called, one month later, to apologize for how he acted when things ended with us. I happened to be sitting next to my client and my direct report in focus groups in New Jersey, so clearly I was not in a position to hear his plea. Geez! My past is really annoying me.

2) So I went shopping in Soho yesterday, in desperate need of new bras. Is that too personal to share? Not sure so if so, sorry. But it's not like I outgrew them or anything, they just stretch out after prolonged use. I am a huge fan of Victoria Secret's IPEX ($42 each- crazy!) and wanted a few more. I get to the store and they are SOLD OUT of my size. How can Victoria's Secret be out of bras? Isn't that like the supermarket being out of food? Not one fucking IPEX bra in my size, in any color.

3) I also tried the coolest marketing ploy EVER at Sephora. They have this new machine that computer analyzes your skin, including your skin elasticity, sun damage, and whiteness of your teeth. I found out that I have 10 fine lines (10 more than I would like,) almost perfectly white teeth, great skin elasticity, but need to drink more water. In an attempt to get ride of aforementioned fine lines, I spent $68 on eye cream, and to prevent further sun damage, I spent $40 on tinted moisturizer.

4) It's kind of annoying. Everyone I know that reads this blog tells me how funny I am, how much they like "my voice," how they can't believe I am still single, you get the point. So if you think I am so damn great, do me a favor, would ya: set me up. I am over online dating and am not into the bar scene much anymore. I promise not to blog about the date, unless they do something either unbelievably romantic, or unbelievably stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home