Does Debbie

Monday, April 23, 2007

Change Does Good

I know you're all going to get tired of reading on and on about my new found happiness, but as a born depressant, I am going to relish this feeling as long as I can. I think I reached a new high after this past weekend. And it all has to do with my new apartment. Now, while I think the inside of the new digs is fantastically charming and calming, I am going to continue to brag about it's location. Freakin' across the street from Central Park. And not just any block of the park, the entrance to the park (one block south from my apt) takes you directly to Sheep's Meadow, Manhattan's own summer share (sans the pools, and the beach, and the really bad Long Island accents.)

This past weekend alone I ran in the park, rode my bike in the park, hung out with friends and family in the park (Saturday and Sunday) and had a blind date in the park. If I have to go to the bathroom while basking in the sun in the Meadow, it is faster for me to run home then wait in line for the public bathroom. It can't get better than this!

However, there is a downside to living in such a perfect location: the price of my dry cleaner. I was raped there this morning, on my way to work. $30 to hem two pairs of pants. Seriously, if I had an ounce of domesticity in me, I would pull out a needle and thread and hem the fuckers myself. Oh well, the price for happiness....

1 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Jealous. I am so jealous. (And happy for you!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home