Does Debbie

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Happy

The strangest thing has happened: I have been happy lately. Now, there have been many days and nights that I have thought I was happy, but at the end of the day (or night) I was masking behind other feelings. Like anger, frustration, jealousy. Either I was mad at the world for being single, or mad at myself for being single.

But ever since I moved to my new apartment and started my new job, I have been obnoxiously happy. I jump out of bed in the morning and can't wait to get to work. I have fun plans at night, like film festivals and award dinners. I love walking up the subway stairs, with my keys in my hand, knowing that my apartment is 50 steps away.

And the best part of this sugary feeling: there is not a man in sight. I mean, nothing. Not one freaking date, not one remote prospect. (I still like The Patriot but we all know he lives in Boston.) I am so sexless at the moment that I don't even remember the last time I had sex. And I could care less.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Paige Jennifer said…

    Being sexless sucks but being happy is pretty fucking awesome. You go girl! And speaking going, go get yourself a toy and a nice stash of batteries to carry you through the in between boyfriend times.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home