Does Debbie

Monday, April 30, 2007

More Random Thoughts

So I was at my good friend Brett's birthday party Saturday night when I ran into someone I know I from my home town. Besides kissing him in high school, we hadn't had much interaction over the years, with the exception of linking to each other's Friendster and MySpace pages. Therefore, I was taken aback when he asked about my blog. Actually, it was more pressure. The need to write in this thing once a day, which I have clearly not been doing. He heard I was a great writer. Ugh, more pressure.

Also this weekend, I was at a bris for the son of my friend. And the debate began over the plural of bris. When one has five friends giving birth to boys this year, is she going to five Brises? Five Brie? Five Who Gives a Shit What They're Called Penis Cuttings?

Sticking with the theme of this weekend, I tried something new: I meditated. No, I am not going all new-age, The Forum, Ashram-seeking spiritual. Rather, I became engrossed with the latest book I am reading, Eat, Pray, Love. In this memoir, the author achieved a sense of self-love and peace through meditation of which, frankly, I was jealous. I even gave myself a mantra, which I practiced in yoga and before going to sleep. And no, I am not telling you what it is... yet.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can’t believe there is someone else out there dealing with dating issues besides me because its very hard to stay positive when I don’t see any decent single sites out there? I have been looking for activities that don’t cost an arm and a leg? I have been searching the web and I’ve been on several sites looking for local events. The only one I was able to find is http://www.singlesinmotion.com does anyone know of any other?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home